Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup—a quick and easy hearty weeknight dinner!
Weeknight dinner can be one of a busy parent’s worst frustrations. What can you put together that tastes good, isn’t fried, didn’t come from a fast-food place, doesn’t break the bank and doesn’t require you to stand over the stove stirring for an hour?
When I was a young, single mom, my answer was usually something that could bake in the oven while I supervised baths or homework or did laundry or the numerous other tasks that come with young children.
One quick and easy meal is baked pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, with either rice or mashed potatoes (or mac and cheese from the blue box, which was always a favorite in my house) and some type of vegetable. While I’m not a fan of creamed soups, sometimes they do come in handy and this easy baked pork chop recipe is one of those times.
Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup
Start with up to six bone-in pork chops and spread them out in a lightly greased 9×13 dish. If you have extra time, you can sear the pork chops quickly in a skillet just to give them some extra browning. Then sprinkle on pepper and a little Tony’s seasoning, or whatever seasoning you like to use.
Empty one can of cream of mushroom soup into a mixing bowl and add one can of water. Stir in one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and a couple of cloves of minced garlic. Pour the sauce over the chops and add a tablespoon of unsalted butter. You could also go ahead and add some rice and a little extra water.
Cover tightly with tin foil and place in the oven for about thirty minutes. Remove the foil and bake another fifteen or twenty minutes. If you’re using more pork chops and they overlap, then you’ll need to move them around during baking so the ones on the bottom end up on the top.
- 4-6 bone-in pork chops
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can water
- 1 tablespoon Tony's seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place pork chops in dish and sprinkle Tony's seasoning evenly over each chop.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together soup, water, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Pour sauce over chops and add the tablespoon of butter, a little dot on top of each chop.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake covered for thirty minutes, then remove foil. If chops are overlapping, move the ones from the bottom to the top.
- Bake uncovered for another 15-20 minutes, until done.