1. This photo is my precious new granddaughter, Brooklyn Hope, who was born in December. The outfit she’s wearing was crocheted by my Granny 27 years ago when I was pregnant with Brian—long before I knew Malorie, who is the mom of Brooklyn. This little pink sweater set has been tucked away in my cedar chest all these years, just waiting on the birth of a girl in our family. I love how the stories are intertwined and that the daughter whom I didn’t give birth to but love and claim as my own now has a daughter who was the recipient of my Granny’s gift from long ago. It all makes my heart smile.
2. Well, my husband would surely say I need to read this handy little guide over and over. But I don’t think it would do any good. Life is messy and so is my kitchen.
3. Wow! I’m loving this laundry room. If I had a dog and if I had a big enough space, I would totally do this. So great for when they come in muddy and need washing.
4. Do you struggle with bookshelves? Here’s a great styling guide. Our number one thing since downsizing has been to reduce clutter, especially on visible shelves. I love the difference.
5. How about these tech hacks? Do you use Alexa or Google Home? I might need one just for this find my phone feature!
6. How many of these “just in case” items do you have? We have about half of them. We bought similar lanterns a few weeks ago when it looked like we were going to have a snow/ice storm, and of course then we didn’t. #georgiaweather
7. What shows are you watching now? This is Us is my new favorite show. If you haven’t started watching it, I highly recommend it! You can catch up with all the episodes online!
8. Have y’all seen photos from the iPhone 7? I’m in love with the portrait feature. But I don’t want to get one yet because supposedly there will be a fancy new iPhone out in September/October for the 10th anniversary. What do you think? Have you upgraded to iPhone 7?
9. What can you say to this? How does any sane person from another country EVER learn the nuances of English? #ponyrhymeswithbologna
10. Malorie posted this photo a couple of weeks ago, when they were dealing with getting a newborn to sleep along with a toddler. It’s hilarious and her caption totally captures the newborn parent challenges.
I’ll just leave you with this.