Easy Parmesan Chicken Cutlets are crispy, full of flavor, and ready in about 20 minutes. They go with almost everything and take the stress out of “What’s for dinner?”
Do you ever have those days when your brain is just fried and you can’t even think of one single thing to fix for dinner? Keep this recipe for easy parmesan chicken cutlets in your files because it’s perfect for those days. It’s a simple, versatile chicken dish that everyone will love and you can dress it up or down. It’s the little black dress of chicken.
Easy Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
You can easily turn this parmesan chicken into the Americanized Chicken Parmesan, covered with sauce and cheese. You can serve it as a simple dinner, the way I most prefer, with a simple green salad on the side. You can use it as a base for a heartier salad. You can chop it up in pasta and create a hot or cold pasta dish. The possibilities are endless. You can also freeze these cutlets, after breading and before frying, so that you’re ready to go when you need a quick dinner. Just place them in the refrigerator on your way out the door in the morning and when you get home, all you’ll have to do is cook them for about 10 minutes. Perfect dinner anytime!
- 6 chicken cutlets you can take regular chicken breasts and slice them in half lengthwise to make cutlets or you can purchase cutlets, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup bread crumbs regular or panko
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Place egg and buttermilk in a pie plate and whisk together with a fork.
- Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in another pie plate and stir together.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dip in the egg/buttermilk mixture, coating both sides. Dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large heavy skillet (I use my cast iron skillet) on medium heat.
- Cook 3 chicken cutlets 3-4 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through. I usually turn a couple of times to evenly brown both sides.
- Add additional oil and butter to skillet and cook remaining cutlets.
- Serve immediately or keep warm on a baking sheet in 200 oven for 15 minutes.